Beauty Product Testing

How will I know if I have been selected for a study?

When you are selected for a study you will receive an e-mail confirming your participation and providing information about when you should expect your product to arrive in the mail.

Where can I find instructions for testing my products?

When you receive a product in the mail there will be two sets of instructions. One set will appear on a sheet included in your package, and the other will appear on the product. The sheet will specify how many times or how frequently we want you to use the product before you fill out your survey. This sheet will also contain any specific information for that study that you should be aware of, as well as contact information for the person in charge of your study. The directions that appear on the product specify how you should use or apply the product, as well as any warnings that may have appeared on the original packaging. If you are missing either of these instructions, please e-mail the person in charge of your study if that information is not available, please write to GHRIbeauty@hearst.com, and we will be able to send you replacement instructions.

Where do I find the code of the product I tested?

The code of the product you are testing will usually appear on the product above or near the directions. This code will usually be one or two letters followed by a number. If you cannot locate a code on your product, please e-mail the person in charge of your study to ask for the code. The contact information for the person in charge of your study will appear in the instructions sheet that is in the package along with your product.

I can’t find, or never received an e-mail with the survey link, how can I access my survey?

You can always log into your account, and any surveys you have been sent will appear under “Active Surveys” on your home screen. Click here for the link to log into your account: Login Link, If the survey does not appear in this area please contact the person in charge of your study.

I cannot complete testing my product. What should I do?

It is imperative that you contact the person in charge of your study to let them know as soon as possible! The contact information for the person in charge of y our study will be located in the instruction sheet included in your package.

How do I know who is in charge of the study I am participating in?

When you receive a product to test, enclosed in the package will be an instructions sheet. In the instructions it will state who is conducting that particular study, as well as that person’s contact information.

I just received a product in the mail, but never received an initial e-mail saying I was selected for the study. What should I do?

Please go ahead and test the product, according to the instructions on the sheet that comes with the product, and e-mail the person in charge of your study to let them know you never received the initial e-mail. The instruction sheet in the packaging will specify how many times or how frequently we want you to use the product before you fill out your survey. This sheet will also contain any specific information for that study that you should be aware of, as well as contact information for the person in charge of your study. Once you have finished testing the product according to the instructions please log into your account, and the survey for that product should appear under “Active Surveys” on your homepage. If this survey is not there, please e-mail the person in charge of your study, and then will be able to assist you from there.

I received two products to test at once, what should I do?

We generally try to avoid sending testers more than one product to test at a time. If you do receive more than one product to test, please contact the person in charge of your study to let them know. They will advise you on how to proceed.

Can I find out what brand of product I tested?

We do not disclose which brand of product individuals are testing. When you signed your consent form you agreed to test products without knowledge of the brand or parent company. We put a lot of effort into eliminating bias based on brand recognition or price point from our testing, and revealing which products you are testing can compromise our study results.

Go mobile for convenience on the go

For better experience open in communities app.

Go mobile for convenience on the go

For better experience open in communities app.